Wrongful Death Lawyer
There is nothing more traumatic than losing someone you love due to the wrongful conduct of another. As per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about 1.7m people die due to unintentional injuries/wrongful deaths every year. Losing a family member is traumatic and devastating, especially when it happens unexpectedly or due to someone else’s negligent actions. Emotional suffering and financial uncertainties often follow a family member’s death due to wrongful death.
In the case of wrongful death, the law entitles surviving family members the right to seek compensation for emotional damages, economic damages, and more. By hiring a wrongful death attorney in California, you protect your rights and ensure you are on the best course to securing all possible damages.
Why Hire Matadores Law For Your Wrongful death Claim?
Cases involving wrongful death can be pretty complicated. In order to obtain compensation, you must prove that the person being sued is to blame for the death. You will need a Los Angeles lawyer with extensive experience in fighting for the rights of victims of wrongful death and their relatives to pursue the matter on your behalf.
Wrongful death attorneys can offer you the help and support you require in this trying time. We will put all our efforts into helping you. We can help you in the following ways:
- We can determine who is legally liable. Whether it be an individual or organization, or governmental agency whose carelessness resulted in the death of your loved one.
- We will always advocate for your rights. Our attorneys will do their best to obtain monetary compensation for medical expenses, burial expenses, and other non-monetary losses.
Making the right decision when it comes to your wrongful death claim can make all the difference. Your lawyer should be sympathetic to your plight and zealous in his pursuit of justice for justice. You can count on us to treat your claim like it’s our own.
NO RECOVERY-NO FEE Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
Questions To Ask Your Lawyer Before You Hire Them
Wrongful death claims are not handled by all attorneys because not all personal injury lawyers have the experience or qualifications to do so. As a result, before you decide to hire a lawyer, you should ask them a few key questions. It is crucial that you feel comfortable working with the lawyer and regard them as a trusted advisor. Talking to different Los Angeles personal injury attorneys and getting a sense of whether that person will be your right choice is the best way to hire an attorney.
A few questions you may want to ask a potential Los Angeles wrongful death lawyer are:
- -How many wrongful death cases have you handled in the past?
- -What are your office’s legal fees?
- -What kind of settlements have you had in the past?
- -How long does it take to settle a wrongful death case?
- -Have you handled a wrongful death case similar to the one I am unfortunately dealing with?
- -How often will you keep me updated on the progress of my case?
- -What damages am I entitled to as a family member of the deceased person?
Who Can Sue For Wrongful Death?
In California, a wrongful death lawsuit can be brought on behalf of the following parties who would be the survivors of the deceased individual under the California Code of Civil Procedure 377.6:
- – Spouse
- – Domestic partner
- – Children
- – Stepchildren
- – Parents
- – Putative Spouse or Children
- – Siblings
- – A person who is authorized to act on behalf of the deceased before their death
If you are not sure whether you are eligible to sue, contact Matadores Law for a free consultation. If you have questions about whether you can file a wrongful death lawsuit, you should speak with an experienced Los Angeles wrongful death attorney. If you decide to file a lawsuit, we can also help you determine whether you will be successful in recovering damages.
In addition, you must move quickly. In California, there is a statute of limitations which limits the time in which you can pursue action against an at-fault party. You will not be able to recover any damages if your claim is not filed within this deadline. Our experienced Los Angeles wrongful death lawyers at Matadores Law can help you file your claim as soon as possible after the fatal accident.
Who Can Be Sued For Wrongful Death?
Wrongful deaths can be caused by a variety of different types of actions – or inaction. Furthermore, many different parties may be held liable for the death of another person:
- -The Government
Some Examples include:
- -A speeding driver whose negligence led to a crash
- -The construction company whose faulty work led to the collapse of a structure
- -The bar owner where the person was given an over-serving of alcohol and then went on to cause a drunk driving crash
- -A negligently constructed roadway, which had potholes in it
- Negligence from the parties mentioned above can all result in wrongful death and can be held liable. At Matadores Law, we are prepared to take on your matter and fight hard for the justice you deserve. Regardless of what let up to your loved one’s accident; the law recognizes that wrongful death cases result in enormous economic and non-economic damages and that the surviving family should not bear these losses alone. Instead, the responsible party will be required to compensate the victim’s family for the death of their loved one.
Free Consultation With A Wrongful Death Lawyer
After losing a loved one to wrongful death in Los Angeles, life can become overwhelming. A wrongful death lawsuit will not return your loved one, but it will allow you to seek restitution from anyone responsible for the death of your loved one. The attorneys at Matadores Law have successfully advocated for wrongful death victims and their families. During this trying time, let us put our extensive knowledge to work for you and your loved ones.
Call our Los Angeles lawyers at 323.402.1000 or contact us for a free, no-obligation case review. Remember that we work on a contingency basis. If you don’t win, you don’t pay us anything.